DVM’s custom, quick, and accomplished method to engineering and manufacturing allows us to deliver products that meet specialized customer requirements. Our flexible capabilities allow for the selection of industry leading components including control and measuring devices, allowing for a superior, fully customizable control and monitoring electrical assembly. We cater to each customers technical and physical requirements.
An Example of Our Portfolio
- UL891, UL1558, Metalclad – 208V-34KV
- Line up and Match and PDU’s – including the ptented intelli-bypass and the intelli-bypass plus
- Data Center PLC Automated Critical Equipment – using AFLAC “Arc Flash Limiting Accessory Control” System for safety and much greater relaibaility.
- Patented “MIEO” Operation (Manually Initiated- Electrically Operated) & PQCC (Power Quality Chiller Control) systems
- Custom Prime Power, Stand-by, and Distributed Power Systems using:
- Automated bus optimization load priority control where loads are applied from true on line levels, highest to lowest priority, based on system capacity and true dynamic loads
- Operator interface touch-screen terminals (OIT)/Human Machine Interface (HMI) where system controls an
d interrogation can be accomplished at the switchgear or from a remote network/PC/PLC.
- Remote communications in the most common industry protocols like modbus/canbus and being fully conversant with industry leading Ethernet/interface modules, comm-ports and RS 485 type connections.
- Utility paralleling system designs in passive closed transition (waiting for the sources to become synchronized in voltage, frequency and phase angle), active closed transition (where synchronization is dynamically controlled), soft load or continuous base loading systems.
Breaker Retrofits & Retrofills
- DVM is skilled in designing and constructing custom circuit breaker retrofills.
- Breaker retrofills not only are less expensive than replacing the entire switchgear but minimize downtime for the customer.
- With Testing Agent KEMA power as a partner we can deliver a host of solutions to clients across the country.
Siemens to Siemens: Retrofitting End-of-Life Generator and Utility Distribution Systems
End-of-life (EOL) or nonfunctioning control systems can cause downtime and unnecessary expenses. Obsolete breakers, relays, meters, PLCs, and industrial components that fail are a challenge to replace because they can be difficult to find other than on the grey market. When they are found, they usually come with a large price tag. Control systems become more difficult to service as time goes by and modern systems become more prevalent.
Some of our retrofitting projects have included:
- Generator control systems for over 100 megawatts of generation
- Many breaker retrofit and retrofill applications.
- PLC upgrade for utility switchgear
What is a retrofill breaker and how does it work?
A low voltage retrofill features a WL cradle and circuit breaker, along with a new racking mechanism and both primary and secondary connections in each switchgear cell. Existing cells are modified to accept the new cradle and circuit breaker, including a custom-engineered connection between the cradle and the switchgear line and load side bus. Custom designs are available for any manufacturer’s low voltage switchgear.
Here is a sample of a retrofill.
What is a retrofit breaker and how does it work?
A low voltage retrofit features a cradle in cradle design. It minimizes downtime, but takes incremental design time to develop.